Tomatillos were part of the CSA share again this week, and I was thrilled to hear that one of the CSA members used the earlier tomatillos to make Salsa Verde for a gathering at her daughter's school and got rave reviews!!!! Of course, she's a really good cook, but I'm glad my tomatillos could help. Earlier this summer another CSA member sent a photo of a beautiful-looking salad that she created with veggies from her weekly share. She even posted it on Facebook and tagged me on it:) Other members and friends have mentioned how they (and/or their children!) tried this or that vegetable for the first time and actually liked it. I even had one customer tell me last week that his children are becoming tomato lovers thanks to the sungold and heirlooms he bought from me earlier. And someone this week told me how much her family liked the Blue Ballet Squash. Ahhh...that sure does my soul good!
I just love hearing that people are enjoying the veggies - it makes all the weeding in the hot sun (like most of the last several weeks), harvesting in the pouring rain (like today), washing, and packing worth it.
Tuesday, September 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment