Family and friends continue to help me move my dream along. I'm constantly bowled over by how kind and generous people are.
First, two of my sisters helped me clean out the old milkhouse while they were visiting during the Christmas/New Year season. Then, friends helped to put up some ceilings and walls inside, attach a greenhouse, install electricity, and prepare the building for washing vegetables and housing a few animals (separate areas, of course).
In March, several friends showed up for a work day and helped prepare the garden, prune the berries, dig post holes, move stacks of wood, start seeds, and do a number of other various chores around the farm.
And then there are the many "non-labor" ways that people have helped - connecting me to like-minded folks and groups of children who want to come to the farm, encouraging me, supporting the csa, and helping me to continue dreaming and scheming.
Of course, there is also my mom, who at 76 is still stonger and harder working than I'll ever be. Without her filling in and/or picking up loose ends whenever I have to work or choose to socialize, I'm sure I would have lost more than a few seedlings to dehydration or overheating. She also manages to keep the place covered in flowers and is pretty good company most days, too.
I am blessed. There is no doubt. Thank you all!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment