Since I've been frantically trying to convince friends, neighbors, and even strangers to take cucumbers from me, I thought it might be a good idea to suggest some ways they can be used. Not being a big cucumber fan myself, I did a little online research and came across this fantastic website that has tons of cool information about cucumbers and a list of recipes that will make your head spin -everything from cucumber drinks to soups and sandwiches. It's called B's Cucumber Pages and is located at: http://www.lpl.arizona.edu/~bcohen/cucumbers/info.htmlumbers/info.html. I don't know who "B" is, but I am forever grateful to her/him!
As for the zukes...they are holding their own in battle with the cukes for king of the
garden. Several people have asked what to do with the round zucchini I've been giving out. I searched online again and came upon the following websites that might help with some recipes for stuffing them: Balsamic Stuffed Round Zucchini, Herb-stuffed Zucchini, Zucchini Soup, and Stuffed Globe Zucchini. Of course, as the description on Hume Seeds website says, they can also be baked, stir-fried, or used in salads or zucchini bread. Basically, just experiment and enjoy.
No comments:
Post a Comment